10. Picking their nose and eating it. No biggie, mosts kids consider this a delicacy.
9. Dipping their head in the toilet. At least it hadn’t been used.
8. Drinking Act liquid fluoride. For this one we called Poison Control.
7. Sucking on their toes after running on a blacktop driveway. Which is not much different than when I caught them chewing on and/or licking the bottom of their shoes.
6. Licking the mirror at the play area in the mall like an ice cream cone. Two of them were doing this simultaneously. Other kids joined in…or maybe they copied other kids. Either way, it was great fun!
5. Brushing their teeth with a toothbrush they found in the trash.
4. Pooping in the guest bathroom sink. Okay, that one was done by the cat, but it was still one of the grossest things I’ve caught a “member” of our family doing.
3. Putting their hand in a public toilet, before and after they had used it. Then laying on the public bathroom floor and rubbing all over it like they were making snow angels.
2. Picking a handful of chives from the garden, dipping them in a poop-infested birdbath like it was French onion dip, and then eating them.
And the #1 Grossest Thing I’ve Caught My Kids Doing…emptying the trash can full of trash into the bathtub, along with a used diaper and a full roll of toilet paper, then filling the trash can with water from the toilet and dumping it in the tub and splashing around in it…naked of course…because it was a “bath”.
I know I’ve heard of other gross stories from parents. What gross thing have you caught your child doing?