I decided to stop being a slacker and get back on track with my blog challenge. Really, I couldn't come up with anything funny for this week's Listicles: Halloween Costumes. I thought about showing a bunch of pictures of me on past Halloweens and then making fun of them, but that seemed kind of lame.
|I'm Tootsie Frootsie|
I've got fruit on my hat,
fresh fruit's fun for a snack...
- I get to stay at home with my kids. all. day. Long.
- I get to express myself through the written word. Because talking is not my strength. Stumbling over my words and then my face turning red are where I excel.
- Sharing my writing via a blog gives me instant feedback in the comments, which so far has been good...or non-existent, which, no matter how many great comments there are, translates into my head as, “This post is crap, so like my mom always told me, 'If you can't say anything nice, then don't leave a comment.'”
- I don't have to brush my teeth until 6pm (just before Steve gets home).
- I can hold off on that shower until I have to be seen in public, usually about every three days, or until I reek so badly that I'm forced to shower by my own nose.
- I can wear jeans or yoga pants or pajamas all day. Not that I ever wore yoga pants until two weeks ago. I heard all the mommy bloggers talking about them, so I Mario Andretti'd my way to Goodwill to find a pair. Unfortunately, they're high-waters, so I have to wear them low on my hips, which is not comfortable. Plus, they make your butt look real. Like real FAT. Are thigh-length shirts back in style yet? That would hide both my butt and my muffin-top.
- I get to spend time being with the munchkins I love most in this world.