Stasha is calling the shots this week for Monday Listicles and gave us:
10 Things You Have No Intention of Changing in 2013.
- I'm going to continue blogging. I'm gonna keep doing humor and maybe a little seriousness thrown in every once in a while, depending on my mood. I'll keep doing the Monday Listicles and Caption That! By the way, I'm running out of pictures. Anyone have any I can use? I'll give you a butt-load of credit/tweets/whatever you want. I also plan to continue Finish The Sentence Friday Link-up that Janine and I just started last Friday. I know that's not from 2012, but I wanted to plug it.
- I'll keep tweeting. I love tweeting. A little too much. I made my Top 15 Tweets of 2012 and I need to have a smart list to choose from at the end of 2013. Plus, it gets more people to read my blog.
- I'm going to continue my 30 Day Blog Challenge and My Firsts series. I'm great at starting things. And I can finish, but sometimes it takes me a really, really long time. But this Friday, our Finish The Sentence Friday link-up sentence is: "One of the most embarrassing things I ever did was..." and that coincides with one of my 30 Day Challenges, so I'm well on my way to finishing the challenge. Maybe I'll make all the FTSF sentences follow my blog challenge. Don't tell Janine.
- I'll keep vegetable gardening. It's January, time to start planning. Just got my seed catalogues. I grow almost all my vegetables in square foot gardens and a couple containers. I grow tomatoes, carrots, raspberries, strawberries, green beans, onions, potatoes, herbs, brussels sprouts, and peppers. I'm going to do a lot more peppers this year - they freeze really well. The potatoes tasted AWESOME, so I'll be doing those again too.
- I'm going to keep reading. I love books - all kinds. Except classics - can't stand that crap. I participate in the Literary Junkies link-up on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. I get to talk about the books I'm reading. I also have a tab, up there at the top of my page, where I update what I'm reading at least once a week.
- I'll be continuing with my Bible study group. God knows I need Jesus (does that count as a holy pun?). I have to beat this blogging/social media addiction somehow. Plus, it's like free therapy; I lay all my garbage out on the table and they help me. Sometimes I let others talk.
- I'm going to continue to use the pumice stone on my heels. I asked Steve for a pumice stone for Christmas, but then my mom gave me hers over Thanksgiving. So, then I asked for the next thing on my list: an iPhone - glad my mom gave me that pumice. Is a used pumice stone gross? Is that like sharing Chapstick or mascara or licking a dirty mini-van? Not sure.
- I have no intention of making any additional effort to brush my teeth prior to 3pm. Unless I leave the house. But, if I'm not leaving, what's the point? The kids haven't complained. Steve's not home yet. Okay, there's the whole plaque build-up thing, but I talked to my dentist and he said that stuff doesn't start to build up for 24 hours. So, I'm good.
- I'm gonna keep eating kale chips. I love them and they're one of those super foods or something. I made some for my dad when he visited last month. He's a vegetarian and stuff, so I figured he'd love them. He hated them. He even asked for something to clean the taste out of his mouth. I think chocolate. My step-mom loved them though.
- I'm going to continue my dream of writing a book. My (real-life) friend, Angie Ryg, (yes, I have a few) just wrote a book, Clutter Free Simplicity. I bought it and started reading it today. God knows I need some simplifying. Angie's encouraging me to take my best blog posts and make them into a book. I just helped D.J. Paris, at Thoughts From Paris, do a little editing of his book, based on his blog, coming out this month. So, don't be surprised if later this year I'm begging and groveling for you to buy my book. Don't worry, it'll be cheap.
Now, I want YOU to leave a comment and tell me what YOU have no intention of changing in 2013. Then share this post like a crazy fool by clicking the buttons below. (This is me practicing my begging and groveling for when my book comes out...the one I've only dreamed of and have never actually done anything about.)Tuesday, I'll be sharing the Hall Family Christmas letter. Yeah, it's late, but it'll be worth it. Maybe.