This week’s Monday Listicles‘ topic is 10 Things in your closet.
This was fun.
1. The Shaft. First off, this is my closet. Half of it is a wall. You can’t put anything on this side except maybe a rack to hang some belts. I don’t wear belts. I got the shaft.
2. The Attic.
This is the attic in my closet. It’s about 20″ x 15″. Who in the heck can get into that thing? It’s not like you can actually fit any kind of box in that hole, especially with that shelf in the way. Just one more place for mice to live. This is where the pest elimination guy was poking his head when I was hiding my bras
3. The Ab Roller. I keep this around in case I get the urge to work my abs. I haven’t picked it up in two years - other than to stop the kids from playing with it because they might break it and mama might need it.
Here’s me testing it out the other day. You’re supposed to start in a kneeling position and slowly roll the wheel forward then back in. My stomach muscles are so weak that I couldn’t ease my way out, I flew. And I definitely couldn’t get back up again. I tried it four times. I kept flying forward. My stomach muscles hurt today.
This is me laughing at how weak I am. Tears were coming down my face. I couldn’t stop laughing. I was still in my pajamas. It was 4pm.
4. Dress Clothes. I wore this blouse five years ago to a wedding. That was the last time.
5. Our Chinese Outfits. We got all of these in China, except mine which I found at Goodwill. Score! I pulled my jacket out to have Steve take a photo and the kids saw me and wanted to put their outfits on too. So we took the picture and since Steve was making noodles for dinner I suggested we eat with chopsticks. Josiah shouted out, “Yeah! Let’s have a Chinese Fiesta!” and for the next 15 minutes he pulled out the Chinese New Year decorations (which isn’t until February 10th), while singing, “We’re having a Chinese Fiesta! We’re having a Chinese Fiesta!”
|Not sure, but quite possibly the world’s 1st Chinese Fiesta.
6. The Coat Steve Won’t Let Me Get Rid Of
. I haven’t worn this coat since we got married 10+ years ago. It’s got giant shoulder pads and 1980s-Debbie-Gibson-Gold buttons. But the time I tried to take it to Goodwill, Steve suggested I keep it because I might wear it. I pulled it out tonight and he said, “Eww. Those buttons are ugly.”
7. My fanny pack. I can’t go on vacation without this thing. I have three of them in case I wear the others out. But I never wear it on my fanny, I wear it in the front. That way nobody can steal my stuff. Plus I don’t wear the pack on my back cuz I got enough junk in the trunk. Oooh yeah.
8. My Edison Eagles High School letter jacket. What do you do with an old letter jacket? Well, you put your pins on the letter, particularly the star that shows you were co-captain (never mind that there were four co-captains…with only six on the team) and show it off on your blog.
|My Olive Oyl ponytail is pretty hot.
As is the expression on my face.
9. I Heart Turkey Shirt. I don’t actually heart turkey that much. But I really heart a clearance sale. Can’t pass up a shirt for $1.99 even if I can only wear it at Thanksgiving…and then forget to pull it out every year until the day after Thanksgiving. I should put the word “left-overs” under “Turkey.”
10. My Daughter’s Adoption Day Coat.
This is the coat my daughter was wearing when they brought her to us on adoption day. The Chinglish says something like Friendze…blah, blah…killing…nightmare…death…LOVE with a picture of Minnie Mouse. Weird translations
are not uncommon in China, or anywhere else, I imagine.
What kind of crazy things do you have in your closet? Tell me in the comments. Or post a picture on my Facebook page