This week’s Monday Listicles‘ topic is 10 Things in your closet.
This was fun.
1. The Shaft. First off, this is my closet. Half of it is a wall. You can’t put anything on this side except maybe a rack to hang some belts. I don’t wear belts. I got the shaft.
2. The Attic. This is the attic in my closet. It’s about 20″ x 15″. Who in the heck can get into that thing? It’s not like you can actually fit any kind of box in that hole, especially with that shelf in the way. Just one more place for mice to live. This is where the pest elimination guy was poking his head when I was hiding my bras.
3. The Ab Roller. I keep this around in case I get the urge to work my abs. I haven’t picked it up in two years – other than to stop the kids from playing with it because they might break it and mama might need it.
Here’s me testing it out the other day. You’re supposed to start in a kneeling position and slowly roll the wheel forward then back in. My stomach muscles are so weak that I couldn’t ease my way out, I flew. And I definitely couldn’t get back up again. I tried it four times. I kept flying forward. My stomach muscles hurt today.
4. Dress Clothes. I wore this blouse five years ago to a wedding. That was the last time.
|Not sure, but quite possibly the world’s 1st Chinese Fiesta.|
7. My fanny pack. I can’t go on vacation without this thing. I have three of them in case I wear the others out. But I never wear it on my fanny, I wear it in the front. That way nobody can steal my stuff. Plus I don’t wear the pack on my back cuz I got enough junk in the trunk. Oooh yeah.
|My Olive Oyl ponytail is pretty hot.
As is the expression on my face.
9. I Heart Turkey Shirt. I don’t actually heart turkey that much. But I really heart a clearance sale. Can’t pass up a shirt for $1.99 even if I can only wear it at Thanksgiving…and then forget to pull it out every year until the day after Thanksgiving. I should put the word “left-overs” under “Turkey.”
10. My Daughter’s Adoption Day Coat. This is the coat my daughter was wearing when they brought her to us on adoption day. The Chinglish says something like Friendze…blah, blah…killing…nightmare…death…LOVE with a picture of Minnie Mouse. Weird translations are not uncommon in China, or anywhere else, I imagine.