I received another one of those Liebster
chain letters awards.
I’ve been ignoring them, other than publicly thanking the person for attacking me with them because they’re a lot of work – give 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions, use brain power to create 11 more questions then link up 11 blogs. Crap! What am I thinking doing this? I swear this is the last one I’m doing.
I suppose I should be thankful that my fellow bloggers even acknowledge my existence when I get these.
I’m only doing this one because Brett at Transformed Non-Conformist wrote an awesome story about the Award Fairy in regards to these blogging awards and he gave us some unique questions. So, here I go…
Eleven Random Facts About Me: I did this once here, but I’ll give you some more because you’re a glutton for punishment:
1. Crap. This is hard because I save whole blog posts for this stuff. Anyway…
2. Something about my 7yo: Currently, he is obsessed with Mongo, the giant gingerbread man from Shrek. We’re not sure why, but he’s made a number of giant paper Mongo dolls out of butcher paper over the past two weeks. He got mad at me yesterday because he wanted to build a 200-foot Mongo robot and I told him to start small, like with Legos.
3. Two holidays in one week is too much for me. We decorated for Chinese New Year about three weeks ago and I haven’t done anything for V-day. I still need to get Steve and the kids some cards.
4. If you didn’t see it on my FB page, the other day I used the Family locker room at the gym and not until after I changed my clothes, out in the open and another mom looked at me funny, did it dawn on me that men use the Family locker room too. Then immediately I thought, I wish a man had walked in on me because that would have made a great blog post.
5. I have an up-and-down obsession with Twitter. I spend a lot of time trying to come up with jokes to tweet. But then not many people see them (or like them?), so I put them on FB where they get a little more love.
6. I’m feeling sorry for myself, so if you love a guilt trip and you want to show your love for me and not feel like a loser, then follow me on Facebook or tell someone else to, so I can get over this 160 follower hump. I put a lot of funny crap on there that isn’t on my blog. Sometimes.
7. I read a blog post this week about someone getting rid of all their old yearbooks and a slew of people commented how they got rid of theirs too and were happy to do it. I was like What? Why would they do that? I didn’t really like HS that much, but maybe I liked it more than they did. (That’s a dumb fact, isn’t it?)
8. Right now, I’m looking around my office trying to come up with some interesting fact about me. It’s not working.
9. I just walked into my bedroom to see if there was anything interesting there. Nothing.
10. Then I went in my kitchen. I’m making crock-pot granola right now.
11. I’m gonna do something crazy. You may not participate, but I hope you will. Ask me something in the comments that you’d like to know about me – just not my SS#, I already gave you that below - and I’ll answer it. If nobody does it then I’ll know that #6, above, is futile.
Here are the questions for me to answer from Brett:
1. What’s the "World's Biggest" thing (ball of yarn, wind chime, etc) you would love to see?
I would stop to see any and all of that stuff and take a picture just so I could say I saw it or to at least have something to blog/Tweet about. I’d also love to see a blue whale in real life. If I were in one of those small dinghies and it just popped up out of the water next to said dinghy, I’d probably crap my pants in fear, but it would still be really cool even though I’d look like the woman in yesterday’s Caption That! Photo.
2. If you could have any animal hybrid (fox-eagle, elephant-turkey, etc) as a pet, what would you choose?
I couldn’t handle having our cat. So, “none” is my answer.
3. What children's educational programming show gets on your nerves the most?
Sid, The Freaking Science Kid – I can’t stand any character on that show. I don’t know why. They all irritate me. I sound angry.
4. What is your most embarrassing misunderstood song lyric story?
I can’t think of any off the top of my head, but there was this one song in the 90s that an old friend of mine thought they were singing, “Who loves tacos?” in the chorus. If I figure out the song, I’ll let you know.
5. What corporation would you love to be the CEO of and why?
None. I’m not a leader; I’m an introvert. Put me behind the scenes or behind a computer screen.
6. If you killed a clown, where would you hide the body?
In the clown car, of course.
7. What superhero sidekick do you most identify with?
Robin. He was kind of small and always in the shadow of Batman. I think they just let him look like he was punching people – Kapow! Bam! Wap! – so he’d look like he was doing something besides Batman’s grocery shopping and dry-cleaning pick-ups every week.
8. What button on your TV remote control gets the most use?
Power. I don’t know how to use any of the other buttons.
9. What is your social security number?
10. How would you define the word kleftenarian?
A person who loves chins.
11. What song title best describes your relationship with your neighbors?
Depends on which ones. At Halloween, it’s always I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow.
I decided to pick some of the blogs that I read regularly, in hopes that you will check them out because I love them. There are others that I love and follow, but I could only pick 11 today.
Bloggers, accept this as some Valentine’s Day love. You can either participate or ignore it. I won’t be offended. Much.
I put these in backwards alphabetical order by blog (I’ll probably screw this up), so the last person doesn’t think they’re the bottom of my “cream of the crop” and since the A’s always go first (“the” and “a” don’t count as words).
Erica at Yeah, I’m a Nerd – Erica and I “met” in the comments section at Thoughts From Paris because of our mutual love for potty-humor. Need I say more? Yes, I need. She is a great writer and she’s a teacher – so check her out!
Katy at (Nobody Puts) Katy In a Corner – Katy is a hilarious writer, but it’s her vlogs that make her stand out from the pack. They are so funny and entertaining - definitely worth checking out.
Lori at the next step – Lori is practically from my ‘hood. She grew up in NoVa, even attending the same HS as my cousin – although he was, in her words “OLD” compared to her – and he’s only a year older than me! Her work has been included in the book Life Well Blogged. She’s also an artist – like with paints and stuff. She’s in the top 100 Funniest Mom Blogs via Circle of Moms.
Stephanie at Mommy, for Real – I’ve given this award (or one like it) to Stephanie before and I mention her all the time, but I couldn’t keep her off my list because I love her and her blog that much. She’s an excellent writer and is very funny. She’s in the top 75 Funniest Mom Blogs via Circle of Moms.
Scott at It’s My Mind – The lone male of the recipients. He is the editor of Dude Write, where I won my Dudette card (in my sidebar) for my Colon post. He’s an excellent and honest writer.
Kim at It Is Interesting To Note… - I love her writing and I know you will too. She’s a great storyteller.
Kenya at Here’s The Thing… - Kenya is the author of The Christopher Chronicles. It includes things her son has said and her son is hilarious! I love Kenya’s voice. She is so down-to-earth and funny. I feel like I’m sitting at a coffee shop with a friend, hanging out and laughing, when I read her blog.
Josie at Go Momma! – Josie is absolutely hilarious!!! She’s living in TX, straight from the UK. Her humor is so well written. All of her posts make me laugh, unless they’re serious, then they leave me in tears. Love her!
Christine at A Fly On Our (Chicken Coop) Wall – Christine is another down-to-earth, tell-it-like-it-is blogger. She’s very funny and always has fascinating tales to tell about her life with six kids and her mid-1800s house.
Kristi at Finding Ninee – She is so very funny and the pictures she draws and includes in her posts make everything even funnier. She was the winner of my Caption That! contest this week and she’s in the Top 50 Funny Mom Blogs via Circle of Moms.
Natalie at The Cat Lady Sings – She’s an excellent writer with a dry wit. Don’t worry her blog is not about cats. Mostly.
Here are the rules, if you want to participate (I’m totally okay with you blowing this off):
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers (whatever!)) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
My questions for you, should you choose to participate (some of these I put on my FB page recently – so I’m cheating slightly):
1. What’s the grossest thing you’ve found in your kid’s mouth?
2. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve found in your food?
3. What’s the most unique thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. What is one of your worst habits?
5. What’s one of your significant other’s worst habits that they’re willing to let you share with the entire universe?
6. What is your favorite form of social media?
7. What social media brings the most people to your blog?
8. What movie are you embarrassed to admit you love?
9. Whose blog are you totally jealous of? (like anyone is going to answer this)
10. What was the last lie you told?
11. I can’t think of anything else, make up your own.